OFFICIAL NATIONAL TECHNICAL WORKSHOP COURSES
Saturday February 23rd 2019 – 10am prompt start (one day only)
Sports Connexion, Leamington Road, Ryton on Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3Fl
(National Technical Course’s now open to 2nd kup’s)
Close to the A45 south of the city www.sportsconnexion.com
All Adult + *Junior 13 – 16 year old black belt applicants must attend a national technical course in the same year they are to be tested for their next promotional rank.
Note: Only on a full test do Junior 13 – 16 year olds need to attend. Verification by attaching a photo copy (national technical course certificate) to the black belt application form A’ must apply. There will be an option of two national technical courses a year to attend.
Workshop (1& 2) Courses – Saturday February 23rd 2019 – 9.30am register prompt (dobok all day)
- Workshop (1) course Adult 2nd – 1st Kup
- Workshop (1) course Junior 13 – 16 year olds 2nd – 1st Kup
- Workshop (2) course Adult 1st – 1½ / 2nd – 2½ – 3rd deg
- Workshop (2) course Junior 13 – 16 year olds 1st – 2nd deg / 2nd deg star 2 going for 3rd deg adult test
10.00 am / 12.30pm
Morning class Part 1 – Correct Acknowledgement Procedures / Scientific Fundamentals / Sparring Fundamentals “3, 2, 1, Semi-Free, Foot, Model, Self-Defence
1.00 pm / 5.00pm
– Afternoon class Part 2 – Pattern Fundamentals (up to Cho-Yong)
- All Adult 1st kups must attend workshop (1) course
- All Adult black belts taking half & full tests must attend workshop (2) course
- All Junior 13 – 16 year olds taking a full test must attend workshop (2) course
Junior technical knowledge is our future, and there is a need to update them on the latest technical developments.
Note: Junior 1st kup students who have attended these courses in the past have vastly improved on their preparation for 1st degree black belt promotional tests. Instructors please encourage your junior 1st kups to attend.
An official technical course certificate will be presented on the day of the course, along with course manuals. The purpose of these courses is to standardize all black belt knowledge, especially in patterns & pre-arrange sparring. Black belt students can attend these courses “regardless” of their taking a promotional test, to increase their knowledge base. The course manuals will include terminology Questions & Answers established at our black belt national tests. Reminder: Attach photo copy of national tech course cert to form A, when applying for black belt test.
National Technical Course fees:
All Adult – £35.00
All Junior – £25.00
The courses will be conducted by GM Oldham IX deg and Mr Darren Holmes international black belt.
Clean dobok please / Pen & Note Pad